[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 Feature Roadmap

Dieter Kluenter dieter at dkluenter.de
Wed Jul 6 11:04:00 CEST 2005

Jose Figueras <jose.figueras at speriaitc.com> writes:

> El mar, 05-07-2005 a las 17:23, Steffen Hansen escribió:
[...]
>> A cleaner (and not Kolab2-compatible) implementation is probably not
>> going to show up before Kolab3 where we're going to change the LDAP
>> structure to have subtrees for each domain etc.
>
> Why to use LDAP subtrees? Perhaps it's a stupid idea (I'm not an LDAP
> expert) but, can't you use independent LDAP databases? (one LDAP
> database per domain).

Although this suggestion would be feasable, I don't see any
advantage, except for wasting resources and maintaining multiple
databases, at least on a single machine. There are advantages if you
have a distributed network of partitioned directory servers in order
to reduce server load.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung