[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 Feature Roadmap

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Jul 5 17:23:16 CEST 2005

Hi. Here's a small heads-up on current Kolab server development:

We've been contracted by Khamsa SA (http://www.khamsa.net) to add
multidomain support to Kolab2.

Since this is a much requested feature, maybe we should release a
Kolab2.1 with just this new feature. What do you think?

I will add support for multiple domains (accept mail for more
than one domain and have accounts in different domains) and a new class
of maintainers that are restricted to maintaining users within a fixed
set of domains within the limits of what we can do with LDAP ACLs. The
implementation is going to be an intermediate solution that stays
compatible with the Kolab2.0 LDAP schema.

A cleaner (and not Kolab2-compatible) implementation is probably not
going to show up before Kolab3 where we're going to change the LDAP
structure to have subtrees for each domain etc.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se