[Kolab-devel] Does the Kolab name have Mormon references?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Jan 30 19:23:44 CET 2005

Am Samstag, 29. Januar 2005 00:33 schrieb Kelly McNeill:

Hi Kelly,

> If any of you have an answer, I sure would like to hear
> it.

Short answer from someone who is supposed to know.

> Are there Mormon influences within the Kolab project?

None!

The Name Kolab is derived from the prefix ko which means together
and laboro, laborare which means work/labour.

The Kolab project aims to create an OSS solution to help people work together
in heterogenous (currently mostly Linux/Windows) environments. This is
currently done by offering services for email, calendaring, notes, tasks and
contacts together with a strong focus on security and privacy/encryption.

In the future we will extend this beyond these services in order to become an
even more comprehensive solution stack.

> osOpinion.com. If any of you have a response for me, I
> would like to include your feedback in a future editorial
> to be published on the site. If you choose to respond,
> could you specify whether or not your comment can be
> republished on the site?

You are free to quote me.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany