[Kolab-devel] Stable Web Client

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.de
Wed Jan 26 19:31:24 CET 2005

On Wednesday, 26 January 2005 13:03, Stuart K Bingë wrote:
> Unfortuantely there is still a reason the webclient is marked
> "experimental", however I am currently working to resolve the outstanding
> issues and get it up to speed.

FYI, I filed some bug reports against the Horde bug tracker
(bugs.horde.org). They all have "kolab" in the summary, so it's easy to
search for and track them.

These are mainly basic issues like getting the current Horde CVS sources
working at all, be able to handle events, tasks, notes. There aren't more
sophisticated issues yet, like shared resource folders, multiple own
resource folders, distribution lists and so on.

As far as changes against can be made, I wonder if you, Stuart, can at least
fix the ACL issue in CVS and add the necessary modifications for hooks.php
and within the Horde configuration module (on the data tree tab) to the
webclient.html on www.kolab.org.
Given that you have CVS accounts for both systems, this would take a few
minutes only to let all others profit from a basically working Horde
frontend setup for Kolab 2. If you can't afford that time, I volunteer for
modifying the installation howto on www.kolab.org to reflect the current
state.

Additionally I would propose to simplify the hooks.php setup by providing a
hooks.php.kolab file containing only those hooks needed for Kolab. They
should be uncommented so that "cp hooks.php.kolab hooks.php" would be the
trick. Of course, this would have to fit into the Horde philosophy.

Best regards,
Andreas

PS. Any feedback about ongoing Horde development for Kolab 2 is appreciated.
I've been watching the Horde cvs archive for two weeks now. But there
hasn't been even one Kolab related change.