[Kolab-devel] [issue636] Kolab doesn't recieve emails on jailed FreeBSD installs

Mike Holcomb mike.holcomb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:25:26 CET 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:58:56 +0100, Alexander Ehlers <aeli at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> A little more information could be usefull.
>
> - what services are running on the host system?
Just ssh
> wich inteface are you using for the jails ( loX or e.g fxpX )?
> post your redirects !
fxp0 and em0, these are the physical interfaces

On the host system I set the ip alias for the jail(this is from my rc.conf):

ifconfig_fxp0_alias0="inet 192.168.1.20/32"

# Enable jails
jail_enable="YES"
jail_list="kolab_1"

# Settings for kolab-1 jail
jail_kolab_1_rootdir="/usr/jail/kolab-1"       # Jail's root directory
jail_kolab_1_hostname="kolab-1.foo.com"     # Jail's hostname
jail_kolab_1_ip="192.168.1.20"                 # Jail's IP number
jail_kolab_1_exec="/bin/sh /etc/rc"            # command to execute in jail
jail_kolab_1_devfs_enable="YES"                 # mount devfs in the jail
jail_kolab_1_fdescfs_enable="NO"               # mount fdescfs in the jail
jail_kolab_1_procfs_enable="NO"                # mount procfs in jail
jail_kolab_1_devfs_ruleset="123"               # devfs ruleset to apply to jail

#end rc.conf

/usr/jail/kolab-1 is built using the directions in jail(8)

I've tried setting sendmail_enable to both NO and NONE.

> What are the sysctl options for your jail?
Default sysctl options.  I have tried changing the
security.jail.allow_raw_sockets to 1 to allow raw sockets.  It didn't
change anything.
> what does the kolab.logs say? especially iasl !
Which log file do you want? I will email you log files from the
machines privately, just let me know which ones you want.