[Kolab-devel] bootstrapping on Slackware

Jim Philips jimmyc at speedfactory.net
Mon Jan 17 14:44:52 CET 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 08:18 am, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Monday 17 January 2005 13:47, Jim Philips wrote:
> > I successfully built Kolab 2.0 beta 2, but it refuses to bootstrap.
> > Here is the message:
> >
> > OpenPKG 2.2-SOLID Binary Bootstrap Package, version 2.2.1
> > Built for prefix /kolab on target platform ix86-slackware10.0.0
> > ++ hooking OpenPKG instance into system environment
> > WARNING: you are not running one of the supported standard
> > WARNING: Linux platforms (Debian, RedHat, Mandrake, SuSE, Gentoo).
> > WARNING: Guessing the location of the system init scripts!
> > ERROR: Failed to guess the location of the system init scripts!
> > obmtool:ERROR: bootstrapping failed
> >
> > Anyway I can get this to work? Or are there any plans to support
> > Slackware?
>
> Note that this part of the Kolab server is based on Openpkg,
> thus this is a question for the openpkg people.
> Of course you can work around this somehow,
> again I guess that you get more help about this from the
> openpkg people.

Bzzzt! I was hoping I would be able to install Kolab without contacting every
maintainer of every software involved. That may not be necessary, but this is
a bad precedent. It would be awfully nice if you put up a warning to
Slackware users on the Kolab home page that you simply don't support their
distro. I will explore alternatives to Kolab before I try to contact Openpkg
people.