[Kolab-devel] namespace issues (shared versus public)

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 17 12:50:15 CET 2005

On Sunday 16 January 2005 23:34, Martin Konold wrote:
> lately I renamed (for Beta 2) the shared folder prefix from "user" to
> "shared" which imho helps to avoid confusion for normal users.
>
> On the other hand reading the kolab-users ml I see that there are still
> problems with this name as people confuse it with folders which are shared
> by the users via ACLs.
>
> What about calling the former shared folders "public folders" instead?

The is better then shared, however we can have permissions on "public folders"
(which I tend to call "multi-group folders" )
And on the other hand we can set ACLs to that group folders are
reachable by everyone makeing them "public".

What about  calling the multi-group folders "global" in the imap?

Rational: that would avoid the ACL shared/public confusions
and hint at the difference to group folders which always belong to a group.

An alternative would be "anon".