[Kolab-devel] Re: martin: server/perl-kolab/Kolab-Cyrus Cyrus.pm, 1.4, 1.5

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jan 13 18:13:11 CET 2005

Hi Martin,

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 20:54, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Januar 2005 17:28 schrieb Michael Harlaut:

> > I can make a lot of tests by using beta and more in a production
> > environement, but only if an upgrade is possible without having a lot of
> > work on the client-side also (eh, what about the suscription ?). This
> > change means hours of work for the next upgrade ...
>
> This is the reason why the current release is called a Beta and not a
> stable release. The beta phase is intentionally meant to find such problems
> and to be able to fix things before the actual release.

In this case it would have been better to have a change request first.

> Beta means feature complete but unstable! Beta phase is meant to help to
> create a stable product. Stable here means explicitly that we want to stay
> compatible with a stable API for a long time.

Beta is more stable then unstable in my view and should be ready
for usage.

Micheal: How much work is it creating for you.
Most people I know do not have many global shared folders because
the group folders are more appropriate for most use cases.
You could patch this back until we have better instructions for the migration
for you.

Bernhard