[Kolab-devel] Address Book not available in web admin

Hamish lists at subvs.co.uk
Thu Jan 6 15:23:19 CET 2005

Hamish wrote:
> Martin Konold wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, 5. Januar 2005 16:02 schrieb Hamish:
>>
>> Hi Hamish,
>>
>>> Busy day today! I now have a problem with the address book of the web
>>> admin interface. I can add addressbook entries fine, but cannot see the
>>> address book.
>>
>> You mean you cannot see the new entry in the web admin gui?
>
> I cannot see ANY entries in the web admin gui.
>>
>> Which version are you using? (It works in my installation)
>
> kolab 2 beta1
>>
>> What does slapcat say? Can you find the entry in question there?
>
> i do not know this, please tell me how! I just used /kolab/bin/ldapsearch
>>
>> Regards,
>> -- martin
>> P.S.: I will be away the next 20 hours.
>>
> Hi Martin
> The entry is in ldap (I found it with ldapsearch), and users can use it
> in their clients, but the page is showing nothing (ie blank). There is a
> link to add a new vcard, this works, but when done, NO contacts can be
> seen. When selecting AddressBook from the main nav also results in a
> blank page below the menu (thats the best i can explain - there is the
> normal "top" section including main navigation, below that, the link to
> add a vcard, below that blank - i can send a screenshot if this is not
> clear) and the previous error in the apache error log.
>
> Thanks again,

I cannot find addrlistgroup.tpl anywhere! I have check cvs and it does
not seem to be there either, please can someone tell me where I am going
wrong?
I have had a look at the admin/addressbok/index.php and found the part
that it is looking for:

$result = ldap_search($ldap->connection, $base_dn, $filter);
   if( $result ) {
         $count = ldap_count_entries($ldap->connection, $result);
         $title = "Manage Address Book ($count Addresses)";
         // if there are more than 2000 entries, split in 26 categories
for every letter,
         // or if more than 50, put in groups, or else just show all.
         if ($count > 2000) {
           // ... TODO
##### IT SEEMS THAT THIS FILE ALSO DOES NOT EXIST
           $template = 'addrlistalpha.tpl';
#####
         } else if( $count > 50 ) {
           // ... TODO
##### HERES WHERE IT GETS ME
           $template = 'addrlistgroup.tpl';
#####
         }  else {
           $template = 'addrlistall.tpl';
           ldap_sort($ldap->connection,$result,'sn');
           $entry = ldap_first_entry($ldap->connection, $result);
           while( $entry ) {
                 $attrs = ldap_get_attributes($ldap->connection, $entry);
                 $dn = ldap_get_dn($ldap->connection,$entry);

So it seems that because I have more than 50 external contacts, it is
trying to use this file, but of course it does not exist. I have tried
copying addrlistall.tpl to addrlistgroup.tpl in the templates directory,
but this does not work (I can see the headings, but the table is empty.)

This is reproducable on my box with more than 50 external contacts.

The only fix I have found is to change the value to 500 instead of 50,
this way it uses the addrlistall.tpl file - its a bit of a scroll though!

Please let me know if any more details are needed,