[Kolab-devel] [issue593] behavior with missing incidences-for annotation

Bernhard Herzog kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Jan 5 21:39:16 CET 2005

New submission from Bernhard Herzog <bh at intevation.de>:

What's the intended behavior of the server and client when a calenar folder has
no incidences-for annotation?  I had a setup here where a user's Calendar folder
had no incidences-for annotation (probably because this is a quite old
installation and the folders were created before that annotation was added to
kolab).  kontact showed this in the properties dialog of the folder as

  Generate free/busy and activate alarms for: [Admins of this folder]

However, the server did not add the folder's pfb to the free/busy information of
thee user.  The Calendar.pfb was there with the expected contents, but it wasn't
added to the ifb or xfb.

I don't know which one is wrong, client or server, but they can't both be right.
  AFAICT, doc/architecture/client_server.sgml doesn't say anything about a
default value that is to be assumed when the annotation is missing.  At a first
glance, the server behavior of ignoring such folders seems reasonable, so I'll
treat this as a client bug for now.

assignedto: david
messages: 3387
nosy: bh, david
priority: bug
status: unread
title: behavior with missing incidences-for annotation
topic: kde client, server