[Kolab-devel] [issue652] we don't recommend webdav anymore

Martin Konold kolab-issues at intevation.de
Thu Feb 10 22:49:32 CET 2005

New submission from Martin Konold <martin.konold at erfrakon.de>:

The service page on Kolab 2 reads:

"The legacy Freebusy Support (FTP and HTTP) is only required for Outlook2000
clients. Under all other circumstances it is advised to use the secure WebDAV
over TLS instead (WebDAV is enabled by default and may not be deactivated)."

This text is a verbatim copy from Kolab 1 and needs changing as upload of
freebusy is in general a bad idea with Kolab 2. (It breaks our groupware use
case modeling) We might support upload of freebusy lists for private calendars
in a future version. The later is useful for security/privacy reasons and for
integrating with other calendar solutions. The server will then deal with the
uploaded fb list and treat it like a partial fb list.

In addition the webdav support shall for security reasons be switched off by
default and it shall be possible to enable it via the web admin gui (service
page).

messages: 3828
nosy: martin
priority: minor bug
status: unread
title: we don't recommend webdav anymore
topic: proko2, server, web admin