[Kolab-devel] Request for email alias handling easy fix

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Fri Dec 23 11:10:32 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 23. Dezember 2005 09:27 schrieb Fabio Pietrosanti:
> I crawled at the mailing list archives of kolab and i noticed that *a
> lot* of people when look at "Distribution List" think about email alias
> management.

We face the difficulty of making creating a common understanding
about what "distribution lists" are within Kolab.
The problem is similiar with "groups", "shared folders", "groupware"
and other terms.
I fear that this can never be solved completely, it is just important
that we document even better what the different terms mean within Kolab.

> Email alias management using distribution list information should
> could't be a "quick" solution?

Probably not, I would need to think about it.
Also what you call "aliases" is called "mailinglists" by others.
In theory it is quite easy to take any ldap object that can hold several email
aliases and add an ldap lookup to postfix.
Then you would need to add the handling of those aliases to the webinterface.

Bernhard