[Kolab-devel] ppc testing: Server 2.1 snapshot 20051215

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Dec 20 14:22:40 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 15. Dezember 2005 20:13 schrieb Bernhard Herzog:
> I've just uploaded a new snapshot release of the Kolab Server 2.1 branch.
> You'll find it in the server/development-2.1 directory.

Travelling in the train
I have tested Kolab Server pre2.1 snapshot 20051215
on my Debian Sarge powerpc system:

Could make it work, but
I had the strange effect that the build of openldap hung in a configure check.

"checking for Berkeley DB thread support..."
does never return.
It runs "conftest" which is in a select loop:

Process 17746 attached - interrupt to quit
                 select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 7000})  = 0 (Timeout)
                 select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 25000}) = 0 (Timeout)
                 select(0, NULL, NULL, NULL, {0, 25000}) = 0 (Timeout)
Shooting down the process and complete the build will not lead to
a functional OpenLDAP.

My workaround:
Rebuilding db and openldap without -O2 compiler flags.
I manually installed the source rpms, removed the "-O" in the CFLAGS
by explicitely setting "-pipe " and rebuild and installed db and openldap.
Now it worked.

As  this Kolab Server version is based on OpenPKG 2.5, I am also sending a
copy to the openpkg-users list. Maybe the hint is interesting for somebody.
A solution for openpkg on pcc for this packages would include somehow
disabling the compiler optimisation I guess.

Bernhard