[Kolab-devel] Contributing patches, Checking for POSIX compatibility

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Sat Dec 10 12:37:34 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 9. Dezember 2005 23:07 schrieb Richard Bos:
> New submission from Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl>:
> Bernhard here is your issue....

Thanks, Richard!

Note that my whole communication about who to submit patches
aims at making this most easy to get them in.

Getting the overview is helping a lot,
this is why I would ideally have one issue per feature that supposed
to be changed by a patch and all the discussion about the patch in there.
It might even be that an improved patch is attached which
does the same thing, only better.

Maybe this is still not enough and we have to think about how to do this even
better. Maybe habe a "patch" topic or a seperate class in the issue tracker.

>  > As for checking POSIX compatibility: You can get the POSIX specs online.
>
> Okay show me the address....  I read that for the POSIX standard one has
> to pay a vast amount of money....

I mentioned POSIX, because we had problems
with this particular part of the shell script you were pointing out
on non GNU/Linux operating systems.
Maybe this is a missunderstanding:
It is not keeping this particular patch back, it is a generall advise when
changing a shell script.

I have found that you can get the current standards as electronic
documents without further costs when registering.
http://www.unix.org/version3/

Best,
Bernhard