[Kolab-devel] Re: What is the policy for the ChangeLog file?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard.reiter at intevation.de
Tue Dec 6 16:33:12 CET 2005

Am Freitag, 2. Dezember 2005 16:30 schrieb Thomas Arendsen Hein:
> * Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> [20051201 20:39]:
> > Op dinsdag 29 november 2005 20:46, schreef Richard Bos:
> > > Marcus and me are providing updates to the ChangeLog file as the kolab
> > > devs can easily review the patches we provide. But wouldn't it be good
> > > if others would be summarizing their changes in the ChangeLog file too.
> > > If done accurately it is a good file to find references back to changes
> > > in case of troubleshooting. For that reason we're providing the files
> > > and variables that have been changes by patches.
> >
> > No opinion on this?
>
> I'd really appreciate having a good changelog.

It would not be bad to have one,
however,
most of the information can be found over CVS mechanisms quite easily.
So far we do not have a Changelog policy.
The question then also is: On how many levels should be keep one.

The next point of thinking about a changelog policy would be
when we switch to a different version control system
(I guess it will be SVN).

Bernhard