[Kolab-devel] Kolab 2.1: Error from imap server "SQUA failed to open index file"

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Tue Aug 23 08:37:28 CEST 2005

On Monday 22 August 2005 18.09, Fabio Pietrosanti wrote:
> When i create a new contacts with latest Turba modules of Horde i get
> the following error from Cyrus IMAP in the log files:
>
> Aug 22 17:45:09 test-srv  <debug> imap[17903]: open: user
> user1 at my.domain.com opened INBOX/Contacts
> Aug 22 17:45:09 test-srv  <debug> imap[17903]: SQUAT failed to open
> index file
> Aug 22 17:45:09 test-srv  <debug> imap[17903]: SQUAT failed
>
> The contacts was created correctly, however i found this errors in the
> log files of imapd.

It simply means that the foler is not indexed, and the logging is turned on at
debug level, I have long sicne changed the logging to be at info level it is
just to much noice otherwise on really busy servers.

you may also want to run squatter -s every night to handle your indexing, nut
note i do NOT recommend this, it may not be good for your environment so you
need to test it on testsystems first.

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org