[Kolab-devel] [issue893] Toltec always using a windows attachment -> doubling the size

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Aug 17 17:47:05 CEST 2005

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

Toltec 2.0.5:

Users report that Toltec doubles the size of all email messages
that are synced up via the .pst.
RC3 did not have that behaviour.

Joon told me that this is to prevent the loss of information,
as any plugin could set unkown flags.

Still the doubling the size seems to be a problem for quotated
users. What could we do about it.
I remember a discussion about such flags.
One idea was to only use the attachments when there are flags.
Maybe this cannot be reliably detected.

Could a configuration option help? Even when some flags are then disregarded? I
believe this would be preferable in some situations.

The best solution would be to only put this information in
headers and try to decode as many YYYY situations as we can over time
so that compatibility with other clients could be made possible in the future.

assignedto: joonradley
messages: 5300
nosy: bernhard, bh, joonradley
priority: bug
status: unread
title: Toltec always using a windows attachment -> doubling the size
topic: toltec