[Kolab-devel] PHP5 with kolab2...?

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Mon Aug 15 22:14:21 CEST 2005

While trying to run kolab2 with current php (which is PHP5), I came
across this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function domxml_open_mem() in
/var/www/html/kolab/freebusy/freebusy.class.php on line 338

That function only exists for PHP4. There could be other errors related
to PHP5, but this is the first obvious one I found.

Any movement regarding supporting PHP5? Or only when openpkg upgrades to
it?

Any specific hint/patch for the error? Another way to do the same thing?

Googling brought me to this hack:
http://alexandre.alapetite.net/doc-alex/domxml-php4-php5/index.en.html

This is scary and big. I hope only because it's a generic wrapper.