[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 snapshot release

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Fri Aug 12 22:10:50 CEST 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 16.48, Bernhard Herzog wrote:
> Richard Bos <radoeka at xs4all.nl> writes:
> > Should all services be stopped before the packages are being build and
> > installed or should they be stopped?
>
> Normally it's not necessary to stop the server in my experience.  The
> servers I done this with don't have much load though.

I totally agree with thisc comment, for low load servers stopping the services
is not necessary in my experience, but on high load servers it is required or
you may end up with corruped imap db's or squatters, and that is really not
fun, so I tend to be safe on higher load servers.

--
Matt Douhan
www.fruitsalad.org