[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.1 snapshot release

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 12 10:52:47 CEST 2005

On Friday 12 August 2005 10:00, Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 09:28:56AM +0200, Richard Bos wrote:
> > Op donderdag 11 augustus 2005 21:39, schreef Bernhard Herzog:
> > > I've just uploaded the first snapshot release of Kolab Server 2.1.
> > > You'll find it in the new server/development-2.1 directory.
> > >
> > > There are some rough edges still, so this is not a beta release yet.
> > >  An upgrade from 2.0 is not recommended at this stage.  However,
> > > starting with a new installation works and we would like get some
> > > feedback.
> >
> > Is there information available how to upgrade from e.g. 2.0 to 2.0.1 or
> > from the latter to 2.1?
>
> well, you always find upgrade infos in the 1st.README file.

I read that one (of course) before I sent out my question => the 1st.README
did not answer my question.

Should all services be stopped before the packages are being build and
installed or should they be stopped?

To obtain the shortes possible downtime the packages have to build on
other system I assume.  If that is not possible, the downtime is just
the time that is needed to build and install the packages??

--
Richard