[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.0.1 RC 1 released

Till Adam till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Aug 9 22:30:11 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 22:40, Richard Bos wrote:
> Op dinsdag 9 augustus 2005 12:43, schreef Bernhard Herzog:
> > Please test this release and report your experiences with it, so that we
> > know how well it works for you.
>
> I get the an authorisation error, when sending email using kontact from a
> suse92 system, the error is:
> Autorisation failed, an error occured during authentication:
>   SASL(-4): no mechanism available:
>   No worthy mechs found-authenticatie not supported
>

> kolab is installed on a suse93 system.  Kontact can send email from the
> suse93 system.  But when I use kontact (kde-3.4.2) on the suse92 system it
> just does not work :(
>
> Any idea what can be the rootcause of this problem?  The settings are
> correct to my opinion, kontact showed the certified when smtp'ing the first
> time, e.g.

You are very likely missing the cyrus-sasl plugins on the client installation,
which KDE 3.4 uses to implement various authentication mechanisms. Note that
while they are called cyrus-sasl-foo, they are to be installed on the client,
not on the server, they have nothing in common with the IMAP server but the
origin of the implementation.

Till Adam -- till at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se, adam at kde.org