[Kolab-devel] Kolab Server 2.0.1 RC 1 released

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Tue Aug 9 12:43:00 CEST 2005

Hi all,

we've been preparing the 2.0.1 release of the Kolab server for a while
now.  The big change is the move to OpenPKG as the base platform.  This
means a lot of changes since 2.0.0.  Almost all rpms in the release are
new!  Given this, we need to get it tested more thoroughly before
declaring it stable.  Therefore we make a release candidate available
now.  For a list of changes, see below.

I've just uploaded the files, so it may take a while still before it
shows up on the mirrors.  You'll find the relase in the
beta/kolab-server-2.0.1-rc-1 directory.

Please test this release and report your experiences with it, so that we
know how well it works for you.

   Bernhard

Release notes Kolab2 Server
(Version 20050808, Kolab server 2.0.1 RC 1)

For upgrading and installation instructions, please refer to the
1st.README file in the source directory.

Note that this is a release candidate for 2.0.1.  The many new packages
mean an increased risk of problems, so we'd like to see this update
tested as widely as possible before the real 2.0.1 release.

Changes since 2.0 final:

    - Switch to OpenPKG 2.4.  As a result of this, practically all
      packages have been updated.

      Up to now the Kolab server used OpenPKG 2.2.  The current release
      of OpenPKG is 2.4, though, and the OpenPKG project only provides
      security advisories and updates for the most recent release and
      its immediate predecessor.  Therefore moving to OpenPKG 2.4 is
      necessary to benefit from the OpenPKG updates.

      The db package has not been updated to the version from OpenPKG
      2.4 yet to avoid potential stability problems with OpenLDAP.

    - A new clamav package fixing a buffer overflow.
      This is the package mentioned in the kolab security advisory 02
      http://kolab.org/security/kolab-vendor-notice-02.txt

    - better deletion handling.  Now more objects are deleted using
      kolabDeleteFlag (issues 845 and 855)

    - perl-kolab 5.8.5-20050530 -> 5.8.7-2.0_20050719

      * Fixing:
      	  Issue845 (groupOfNames cleanup handling)
	  Issue855 (make shared folder and external deletion same as users)

    - kolab-webadmin 20050616 -> 20050620

      * Fixing:
      	  Issue845 (groupOfNames cleanup handling)
	  Issue855 (make shared folder and external deletion same as users)

    - kolabd 20050615 -> 20050722

      * Fixing:
      	  Issue791 (automatic invitation handling uses http instead of https)
      	  Issue845 (groupOfNames cleanup handling)
      	  Issue851 (kolabquotawarn uses system sendmail)
	  Issue855 (make shared folder and external deletion same as users)

    - kolab-resource-handlers 20050615 -> 20050727

      * Fixing:
      	  Issue825 (Bad error handling of kolabmailboxfilter)