[Kolab-devel] Re: Kolab / Horde LDAP missmatch?

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Sun Aug 7 09:56:20 CEST 2005

Am Sonntag 07 August 2005 00:43 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:

Hi Aaron.

> > before any Horde support can be integrated into an official Kolab release
> > the severe Horde security issues (e.g. connecting as manager to LDAP)
> > need to be solved.
>
> agreed. but right now Horde is the only web mail solution (AFAIK?)

No, Kolab works with any IMAP web mail solution for plain email but has
incomplete and insecure/unstable support for groupware functionality from
horde.

> there's no need to ship horde due to this patch. this patch simply makes
> kolab admin still work when using horde.

I prefer to document how to use horde with kolab in our wiki. I addition we
can offer your valuable patches on a kolab.org server for people who have
read the wiki.

In general I currently don't feel confident about horde as the future web
based kolab client. There are serious issues (e.g. security/design) not
beeing solved for a very long time. I have the impression that maybe a new
start with a new design is required.

Regards,
-- martin

--