[Kolab-devel] Problem installing Kolab2

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Wed Aug 3 18:52:26 CEST 2005

Hi Jan,

that's true: "/usr/bin/gcc" is only a symlink to a specific version of gcc,
and mine pointed to gcc 4. I installed gcc-3.3 and recreated the symlink
accordingly, pointing to gcc3.3 and then I restarted the compilation
procedure - successfully.

As a matter of fact I can state that Kolab2.0.0 does not compile with gcc
version 4. Maybe this is of some interest to the developers who should keep a
notice somewhere, preferably in the 1st.readme file.

Best wishes,
Markus