[Kolab-devel] Upgrading to db 4.3

Bernhard Herzog bh at intevation.de
Mon Aug 1 12:56:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

we're currently preparing the 2.0.1 release of the kolab server.  The
most important change there will be the move to OpenPKG 2.4.  Among
other things this means an upgrade of the Berkeley DB to version 4.3.
So far it seems that this part of the upgrade has the most potential for
Problems.

There have been suggestions that 4.3 may not be a good choice for
openldap in a mail by Dieter Kluenter:
http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2005-May/002582.html
It's not quite clear to me, though, whether
"LDBM is definitly NO choice, nor will be BerkeleyDB-4.3.27."
means that bdb 4.3 should not be used or merely that it wouldn't solve
the stability problem (the comment was about a message in issue707 which
is about openldap stability).

Does anybody know more about this?

   Bernhard

--