[Kolab-devel] Kolab XML specification

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Apr 21 14:02:26 CEST 2005

On Thursday 21 April 2005 13:39, Andreas Gungl wrote:

> > > Shouldn't it be like this:
> > >
> > >     $headers->addHeader("Subject", $uid);
> >
> > Ok, I have to check if it makes any difference. resmgr.php _also_
> > uses the subject to locate events, so I need to fix this in a
> > couple of places.
> >
> > Where is the ScheduldingID/UID thing documented again? I could only
> > find "The subject of the mail must be set to the UID of the
> > object." in doc/kolab-formats/overview.sgml.
>
> Exactly, but you're setting the subject to the scheduling-id in the
> code shown above. This looks like the actual bug to me, everything
> else should be fine then. But hey, you're more in the details than
> me. ;-)

The problem is that the subject is used to search for events when the
script receives an update to an existing event.

The SchedulingID is the "persistent" ID and the UID is something that
the script made up by itself. So in order to compare existing events
with an incoming update, I need to be able to search for SchedulingID.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se