[Kolab-devel] kolab2 and horde problem

Stuart K Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Wed Apr 20 12:06:49 CEST 2005

Hi there,

On Tuesday, 19 April 2005 13:56, Markus Feilner wrote:
> Is anybody currently working on the problem that kolab2 and horde don't
> work together ? It's the SQL problem...

The SQL problem? As in, you are required to run an SQL server for Horde to
operate properly? If so, then yes, this is being looked at, although at this
point it's still in the very early stages.

We're planning on solving this by writing an LDAP DataTree driver, so all the
data that would normally be contained in the SQL database could in future be
moved to the LDAP tree instead.

> Is there no real web client (user) frontend beside the administrator gui?
> What do you recommend - webmailer like squirrelmail?
> Horde seems to me much better, being probably one o the most flexible
> webGUIs I've ever seen...

Horde is working fine with Kolab2 at the moment, although there are still a
couple of problems that need ironing out. You should be able to use it as-is,
even if only for webmail. If that's all that you want you can always disable
the other modules (Kronolith, Turba, Mnemo and Nag) and only allow web users
access to their Kolab mail accounts. The mail portion of Horde works 100%
correctly with Kolab.

You could probably use SquirrelMail as well, but that would only allow you
mail access.

Cheers,
--
Stuart K Bingë