[Kolab-devel] Possible problems in Toltec's Kolab XML handling?

Andreas Gungl a.gungl at gmx.net
Tue Apr 19 18:39:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've two questions regarding the way Toltec handles the Kolab XML format.

The first issue is Kontact writing <organizer> while Toltec uses
<creator>. Toltec doesn't provide <revision> while Kontact does. Do these
differences have any side effects?

The second issue is that I have some events defined in OL which are
recurring with an end date. But they end on the server as
  <recurrence cycle="daily">
    <interval>1</interval>
    <range type="none"/>
  </recurrence>
while Kontact uses e.g.
 <recurrence cycle="daily" >
  <interval>1</interval>
  <range type="date" >2005-04-20</range>
 </recurrence>
for that. Does anybody else have this problem?

BTW, it's unfortunate that Toltec uses Base64 encoding for the XML
attachment. That makes it a lot more difficult to find a certain message
e.g. by the subject of an event for debugging reasons (while it is easily
possible with the messages generated by Kontact).
Do you see any chance to change that?

Best regards,
Andreas

--
+++ GMX - Die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

1 GB Mailbox bereits in GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail