[Kolab-devel] Beta annotations page on wiki

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Apr 8 13:05:45 CEST 2005

Hello Markus,

thanks for considering Kolab and giving us much
feedback on the server.

On Friday 08 April 2005 00:08, Markus Heller wrote:

> In our Wiki I have set up a page "Notes on Beta Versions" where everybody
> can submit his/her experiences on pitfalls and possible pitfalls.

Currently those notes are on the platform section.
On the platform I use we do not encounter the difficulties you are seeing.
Which platform are you using?

Would you mind moving your notes to the platform hints?

> I have seen that if you simply follow the recommendations as given in the
> bootstrap process you will not at all end up with a running beta4 based
> system. Currently I have not yet fought myself through the jungle of
> configuring the web server properly.

We did test the instructions and ended up with a running system
without problems.

> Perhaps you guys at the development companies could take this kind of
> feedback to enhace the next Beta versions...?!

We will. Naturally we cannot test all platform and thus we depend on feedback
and people that take up the tasks.
(Note that the development is done entirely by the community.
Of course our community includes a few companies, but that is only good. ;-) )

> Anyway, thanks for your highly valuable work!

Thanks for your feedback.