[Kolab-devel] Logging default

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Thu Apr 7 00:58:08 CEST 2005

Hi!

I installed kolab beta4 from source and noticed that amavisd was complaining
about this:

| No $LOGFILE is specified (and not logging via syslog) at /kolab/sbin/amavisd
line 1050.

Removing syslog-ng and setting up the old syslog did not resolve the issue. In
file "/kolab/etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf" I had to change the line

$DO_SYSLOG = 0;              # log via syslogd (preferred)

$DO_SYSLOG = 1;              # log via syslogd (preferred)

Please change the default into the latter since the error message is very
ugly. I think we can assume that we do have logging on a regular system. Or
has there been a reason to disable amavisd logging?

Regards
Markus