[Kolab-devel] Speed issues with Horde and Kolab

Zachariah Mully zmully-kolab at smartbrief.com
Tue Apr 5 22:47:14 CEST 2005

Hello all-
	I posted a couple of weeks ago on the kolab-users list about the
extreme slowness of viewing/updating/creating calendars through the
webclient (Horde HEAD). Matt Douhan indicated no problems on his
machines that were vastly faster than my server, so today I finally had
the time to move my Kolab beta3 install over to a faster machine. The
old machine was a dual PIII600 with 1G ram and the new machine is 2.4Ghz
P4 with 768MB of ram (I just moved the scsi array with kolab install to
the new machine). No difference in performance when attempting to view a
calendar with ~800 events in it... Any action takes between 20-60sec to
complete, with the apache process consuming ~95% CPU. This is  with one
user.
	I have installed the webclient as per the instructions on Kolab.org and
I'm completely baffled by the problem. Apache grinds to a halt whenever
the calendar queried. I've bumped up the php.shm_size to 128MB but that
has zero affect on the speed. I've also tried a php accelerator, but
that had no effect either. There are no errors in any of the logs.
	I am at a loss as to how I should go about pinpointing the issue, and
I'm looking for suggestions as where to start or if anybody else is
experiencing the same problem.

Thanks!
Zack