[Kolab-devel] Re: stuart: FB URL parameters

Stuart K. Bingë omicron-list at mighty.co.za
Fri Sep 17 13:06:31 CEST 2004

Hi Bernhard,

On Friday, 17 September 2004 12:28, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Stuart:
>
> Can you explain the changes for the parameters a little
> bit more.  Especially what does "can always generate xfbs" mean?
> Because only people with the proper permissions should be able to see
> xfb contents at all.

That is still the case in terms of permissions: if the user who is requesting
the XFB does not have permission to view the events (or the events are marked
as personal) then no extra information will be included for the event.

Basically the changes that I added make it possible for freebusy.php to always
generate XFB lists as a default, by setting $params['extended'] = true; in
freebusy.conf. Granted, most sites would not want to do this, however I don't
think it hurts to include the functionality for those that might want to use
it.

In terms of the URL parameters, I changed the functionality so that if you
specify x=0 then XFB generation is turned off (even if it is set to true in
freebusy.conf). This allows overriding the parameters on a per-request basis
(the cache parameter, c, also works this way). Previously if you specified
x=(anything), XFB generating would be turned on. The new functionality
essentially turns the parameter into a boolean variable, with 0 as false and
anything else as true.

Anything else I can help explain?

Cheers,
Stuart