[Kolab-devel] [issue384] postmaster and abuse mails should be handled by default

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Sep 9 22:16:32 CEST 2004

Am Donnerstag, 9. September 2004 14:40 schrieb Buchan Milne:

Hi Buchan,

> Postfix should be able to use LDAP for alias maps, AFAIK Kolab doesn't
> yet take advantage of this feature, but this may be a good reason to do so.

Sofar we mainly use virtual via LDAP for such things.

Basically I very much agree that we should add a little webgui item to allow a
setting where to send administrative mails.

postmaster at example.com, required by Internet standards to contact the email
administrator of the domain example.com.

hostmaster at example.com, this address is used to contact the DNS adminstrator
of example.com.

abuse at example.com, this address is a common practice within Internet community
to report abuses involving the domain example.com.

I just added this fact to the kolab 2 concept paper.

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de