[Kolab-devel] Resources and groups

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Tue Sep 7 10:50:45 CEST 2004

Am Dienstag, 7. September 2004 10:39 schrieb Bo Thorsen:

Hi Bo,

> development group for example). Both have an account on the server, so
> you have for example:
>
> Account "red car <red.car at somewhere.com>"
> Account "meeting room <meeting.room at somewhere.com>"
> Account "kolab development <kolab at somewhere.com>"
>
> And the Kolab group has five real persons.
>
> You can then invite these to your meetings like anyone else. So the
> secretary makes a Kolab meeting by inviting meeting.room at somewhere.com
> and kolab at somewhere.com.
>
> The question here is what should happen now. Which options should we have
> on answering this?
>
> For groups, we can use these settings:
>
> 1) Free: accept; Busy: decline
> 2) Free: accept; Busy: leave in INBOX for user handling
> 3) Always leave in INBOX
>
> For resources, you could argue that 1) is the only one that makes sense.
> But for small companies it might make sense to give the others too. That
> only requires that some person has read/write access to the account.
>
> The only place this should be controlled, is in the web gui. It does not
> make sense to try and make some protocol for it to be controlled by the
> clients.
>
> So, did I miss some usable option?

Your proposal is already much more extensive compared to other offerings. I
also agree that the policy shall only be controlled via web gui.

1) is definetly the most important in addition I want to have
4) always accept

Rational for 4)

There are use cases where it makes sense to have an "overview" like calendar.
E.g. everyone meeting with some customer is asked to also invite the
"customer calendar" in order to centrally track the meetings with this
customer. Of course the customer may actually be many different contact
persons....

For
--
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de