[Kolab-devel] How to change the Postfix setup

Morten Christensen mckalender at tiscali.dk
Fri Sep 3 21:03:14 CEST 2004

I try to install Kolab2 on a new Debian Sarge.

When I go to the Services-page in the web-interface, I cannot see, that
my changes to Privileged Networks affect the behavior of Postfix or is
written anywhere in the config-files.

To be able to send mail to the Kolab MTA, I had to manually edit
/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf. Editing that file gets the server to do its
job, but looks like a bad thing to do, as the top of the file says that:
# this file is automatically written by the Kolab config backend
# manual additions are lost unless made to the template in the Kolab
config directory.

I think, it would be a strenght of Kolab2, if the warning actually told
where the config directory is placed and the name of the template-file.
I have found /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template, but that is
not the template-file as it has the same warning-lines in the top.

--
mvh
Morten Christensen

PS. I can install the packages from 040817 and the update from
04017to040901, but I cannot install the complete 040901-packages.