[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Oct 25 23:26:46 CEST 2004

Hi Joon,

I have thought back and forth about the modeling cases
(together with Martin).

I believe that it is most important that we can make reminders
fire in some folders (the ones where we have the corresponding
imap annotation) which are different from the default folder.
This would allow us to model privacy with a private folder,
because you use usually do not invite many people nor get
many notifications.
Also it would allow group accounts to work reasonably.

Can you make this possible at all?
When it goes hard to hard, it might be possible using your own
list in the pst which you keep current on writes of reminder relevant
folders and then running a thread popping up the reminder message
accordingly. Over the entry number your could even give them a link
to the real appointment.

On Monday 25 October 2004 17:51, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Here an attempt of the summary of what was discussed in irc
> about the universal inbox and the related problems.

On the universal inbox approach: It might be enough that
we just say: All clients must to the transport themselfs which
would allow you to just keep on using pop3.
So Kontact would use IMAP to get mail and put
in in the default real inbox and you can continue using pop3 for doing so.
What needs more thought is: How would someone running ol toltec
would see that something is there when there are only read permissions
on the inbox. Ah hackish answer would be: Make it possible for that person
to also retrieve emails via pop.

Okay, enough braindump on those question,
	Bernhard