[Kolab-devel] Re: connection with username/password on Windows / OL

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Oct 19 22:18:41 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 19 October 2004 17:05, Michel Boyer de la Giroday wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I would like to retrieve the freebusy info. from OL with
> username/password using https
>
> I tried
> https://michel5%40giroday.dyndns.org:michel5@giroday.dyndns.org/freeb
>usy/%NAME %@giroday.dyndns.org.ifb
>
> but this string is not parsed correctly by OL .
>
> I get the following URL in the error msg produced by OL:
> https://michel5@giroday.dyndns.orgrg:michel5@girod...etc
> see "orgrg".
>
> Could someone help me with that ?

I think I got it to work, initially with http, but after installing
Service Pack 1 for Outlook 2003 and importing the CA certificate from
the kolab server into Windows, https also worked. Notice that DTSTART
and DTEND are still b0rked for some reason, so you might have to scroll
the freebusy view back or forth to see that it actually displays
something.

Mini-Howto install the CA cert: Copy /kolab/etc/kolab/ca/cacert.pem from
the kolab server to the windows box and rename it to cacert.cer. Then
double-click it and follow the wizard.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se