[Kolab-devel] Re: steffen: server/apachemod_auth_ldap.patch

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Fri Oct 15 11:18:16 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 13 October 2004 16:32, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 October 2004 11:17, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > Hi Steffen,
> > is this the patch from Martin?
>
> No, it something that I wrote last night. It allows you go give an LDAP
> search filter to mod_auth_ldap instead of just a single attribute. So
> previously we were forced to do just
>
> UID_Attr uid
>
> in apache.conf, but with the patch we can do for example
>
> UID_Filter (|(uid=%u)(mail=%u))
>
> %u is of course the placeholder for the userid used for authentication.

Ah okay.
I thought that finally that half patch by Martin saw the light or so.

> > Can yo put it in the merge tracker and give it upstream, too?
> Right. But I'll wait a few days just to see if it explodes.

I'd prefer to have an issue open in the merge tracker right
away, you can then attach a new patch after a while and then give it
upstream, but having the issue there makes sure we do not forget about
it (especially when it simply works.)