[Kolab-devel] kolab2 and Horde what works and what doesn't

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Thu Oct 14 23:54:24 CEST 2004

Hello

Upgraded to kolab2 20041014 and horde cvs from 20041014 at around 22:00 CET

Email

Works well, only minor issues with the flags for new mail and amount of mails
in the INBOX is not updated properly but that is minor.

Calendar

Utilising Kontact and Horde I can work with the calendar as far as events go,
add an event in kontact and it shows up in horde and vice versa.

Trying to access a shared calendar, I can see the calendar in the combo box
under shared calendars, but when I select it nothing happens, I do NOT see
the calendar at all, and the combobox adds another calendar with the same
name and for every time I select the other users shared calendar I end up
with an additional entry in that combobox, but I nveer see the calendar page
open, it just sits there with a  blank page.

These error msgs show up when the calendar is acting up weirdly

Thu Oct 14 23:50:36 2004] [error] [client 192.168.15.5] File does not
exist: /kolab/var/kolab/www/favicon.ico
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:26 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:30 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:36 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:41 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:49 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:51 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
function:  hasrecurtype()
in /usr/kolab/var/kolab/www/horde/kronolith/lib/Kronolith.php on line 353
[Thu Oct 14 23:51:56 2004] [error] PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function
on a non-object in /usr/kolab/lib/php/Horde/Kolab.php on line 262

Tasks

Creating a task in Horde it will show up in Kontact, BUT it will always show
up as 100% completed.

Creating tasks in Kontact they show up just fine in Horde

Not tried a shared tasks folder yet

FreeBusy

Never got this working at all, I assume Horde is not fit for using the new
Serverside FB lists yet.

Notes

This seems to work fine

not tried a shared notes folder yet

I hope this helps as the client is really cool together with kolab2, I really
hope you guys will have some time soon to work with the kolab team and bring
it up to speed.

If test machines are needed I have several where you can have shell access for
testing.

--
Matt Douhan
http://www.fruitsalad.org