[Kolab-devel] [issue442] configure imapd with skiplist

Bernhard Reiter kolab-issues at intevation.de
Wed Oct 6 10:36:05 CEST 2004

New submission from Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de>:

We have user reports with "hangs" (probably long timeouts) on
single mails, especially when there is access from several clients
and new mails arrive.

Joon suggests to try skiplist as discussed in this thread:
http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2004-September/001892.html

As a result our obmtool.conf became the --with-skiplist option,
but I just looked at the spec file of imapd-2.2.6-2.1.0_kolab.src.rpm
it does not have the mechanisms to actually honor that option.
Stephan's patches to imapd.conf were not used because we probably
are using the openpkg's original source file.
The changes can be seen here:
http://kolab.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs-kolab.cgi/server/imapd/imapd.spec.diff?r1=1.18&r2=1.16

As we probably want to continue using the Openpkg's version,
we should use the configuration options for imapd.conf and add them to imapd.conf.template.
(And shall we remove the outdated version of our imapd.spec from CVS HEAD?)

assignedto: steffen
messages: 2283
nosy: bernhard, joonradley, steffen, stephanb
priority: bug
status: unread
title: configure imapd with skiplist
topic: proko2, server