[Kolab-devel] OpenLDAP problem

Jean-Michel Dault jmdault at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Oct 4 15:33:51 CEST 2004

Le lun 04/10/2004 à 08:12, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> > I have seen now multiple times an OpenLDAP server hanging and using 100% cpu.

What version of OpenLDAP are you using, what Berkeley DB version is it
using? It seems 2.1.12 with 4.1.25 is unstable.

I have seen similar problems not with OpenLDAP, but with other
applications that use Berkeley DB (subversion in my case).

> (Note, I don't currently run Kolab, since I have many other applications
> which use LDAP, which are more important, none of which overwrite my
> LDAP configuration :-(), so I am not sure exactly how (ie DB_CONFIG
> files) how Kolab configures OpenLDAP.

On Mandrake 10.1, Kolab uses the regular OpenLDAP config. It also
doesn't overwrite slapd.conf anymore, rather, it includes a
slapd-kolab.conf that is configured with a second database in a
different directory, so it's safe to use with other software.

--
Jean-Michel Dault <jmdault at mandrakesoft.com>