[Kolab-devel] removal of legacy ftp support

Matt Douhan matt at fruitsalad.org
Sun Oct 3 20:44:38 CEST 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 20.37, Martin Konold wrote:
> > I dont see an option for https in my OL clients
>
> what happens if you use a https URL instead of a http URL for downloading
> fb lists?

It just plain does not work at all, no error msgs no nothing, I am
investigating further on this.

> Yes, webdav requires mapping as far as I know.  Though with XP it should be
> directly possible to do the mapping using the commandline interface.

The issue with this is that is not userfriendly, and in order to put it in the
login script you have to put the password in cleartext in the login script
which is a really bad idea.

Also mounting the freebusy mountpoint from a Kolab *NIX server will require
SAMBA or a windows NFS gateway, which both require a lot of configuration
outside of kolab.

I will put heavy effort in testing https support for freebusy, cause the other
options seem a bit shaky.

I will follow up with a post to the list once I get a bit further.

It would be cool to hear if other people have managed to get OL2000 working
with https.

rgds

Matt