[Kolab-devel] rejected mail with the following error: "does not match envelope"

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Thu Nov 11 22:04:39 CET 2004

On Thursday 11 November 2004 10:31, Peter Berry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated my Kolab2 install with the lastest packages and I am now
> getting the following error for alot of legitimate incoming mail:
>
> From: header. <mailaddress> does not match envelope
>     <mailaddress>
>
> sometimes the difference is upper and lower case between the
> addresses.
>
> I suspect that some sterner anti spam controls have been implemented
> somewhere along the way how can I turn them off?

The Kolab server tries to keep email addresses trustworthy within the
domains it manages, hence the fascist checks of the envelope and From
header.

I'll make the comparison case-insensitive.

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se