[Kolab-devel] [issue515] Email aliases don't work!

Martin Honermeyer kolab-issues at intevation.de
Mon Nov 8 01:15:27 CET 2004

New submission from Martin Honermeyer <maze at strahlungsfrei.de>:

I just installed the kolab version dated 20041101. There was a big problem from
the beginning: aliases don't work. I entered many aliases for different users
in the "Email Aliases" field in the Kolab web-admin, but nothing works:

host /kolab/var/kolab/lmtp[/kolab/var/kolab/lmtp]
    said: 550-Mailbox unknown.  Either there is no mailbox associated with this
    550-name or you do not have authorization to see it. 550 5.1.1 User unknown

If I understood correctly, those aliases are stored in the LDAP directory. I
helped myself by creating an alias file and setting "alias_maps" and
"alias_database" in main.cf.template.

How to find the error? Postfix.log doesn't help.

Martin

messages: 2827
nosy: djmaze
priority: urgent