[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Tue Nov 2 22:50:51 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 13:00, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > We cannot traverse mime parts directly in Sieve (not implemented in
> > Cyrus it seems), but we can add a mime_header_check to postfix that
> > adds a header if the message contains a text/calendar part:
> >
> > /^content-type:\s+text\/calendar/ PREPEND X-Kolab-Schedulemsg: TRUE
>
> So you do that with the resources management script?
> Maybe even the other way around: Like mark the ones that should be
> moved which would make that movement configurable?

I was just thinking using the postfix built in mime_header_checks, but
that might not be capable of adding a header to the mail (matches
inside the contents can't add headers). So we'll have to use a
content-filter to mark the mail with a header.

> > and then we can check for that header in Sieve. If we send the
> > text/calendar in the body of the mail, we can just do a header
> > check right away with Sieve:
> >
> > if( header :contains "Content-Type" "text/calendar" ) {
> > 	keep; # Keep in INBOX
> > 	stop;
> > }
> > fileinto "INBOX/Inbox"; # Copy everything else
>
> How hard is it to get this integrated with the vacation and
> forwarding sieve we do? BTW: I have openend issue506 for this, so
> when we have a conclusion we can register it their and then you can
> implement it.

Quite doable. Both the vacation script and the forward script should
just have the above Sieve snippet appended (for the forward script only
in the case where it's set up to leave a copy on the server).

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se