[Kolab-devel] universal inbox? outlook outgoing transport

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Tue Nov 2 13:00:39 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 12:34, Steffen Hansen wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 November 2004 11:15, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > > To me it seems that Sieve is ideal for this purpose. I don't know
> > > the full requirements for this "move-mail-script", but with Sieve
> > > filing mail into a folder is as easy as:
> > >
> > > require "fileinto";
> > > fileinto "INBOX/Inbox";
> >
> > So how would sieve filter out email messages from invitation messages
> > which is important here?
>
> We cannot traverse mime parts directly in Sieve (not implemented in
> Cyrus it seems), but we can add a mime_header_check to postfix that
> adds a header if the message contains a text/calendar part:
>
> /^content-type:\s+text\/calendar/ PREPEND X-Kolab-Schedulemsg: TRUE

So you do that with the resources management script?
Maybe even the other way around: Like mark the ones that should be moved
which would make that movement configurable?

> and then we can check for that header in Sieve. If we send the
> text/calendar in the body of the mail, we can just do a header check
> right away with Sieve:
>
> if( header :contains "Content-Type" "text/calendar" ) {
> 	keep; # Keep in INBOX
> 	stop;
> }
> fileinto "INBOX/Inbox"; # Copy everything else

How hard is it to get this integrated with the vacation and forwarding sieve we do?
BTW: I have openend issue506 for this, so when we have a conclusion we can register
it their and then you can implement it.