[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Steffen Hansen steffen at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Mon May 31 11:41:21 CEST 2004

On Saturday 29 May 2004 10:07, Timotheus Pokorra wrote:
> >How do they depend on eachother?  Does it for example make sense to
> > install kolab alone?  Or to have kolab-webadmin and perl-kolab, but
> > not kolab installed?  The latter is possible due to the seperate
> > packages.
>
> Is it only that 3 packages?
> There are all the other packages in
> http://ftp.kolab.org/kolab/server/development/current/sources/
> as well. How much are they modified and customized for Kolab? Or do
> they just have special compiler directives, so that they can be
> compiled specifically for Kolab?

Currently all packages besides perl-kolab, kolab and kolab-webadmin and
php-smarty[1] are available from OpenPKG. The reason the packages are
provided together with the kolab ones is to have a fix environment for
testing. The packages are taken from OpenPKG-CURRENT, which changes
very often. I'd like our environment to change more slowly, so we keep
a copy of a working package a little longer than OpenPKG-CURRENT.

But please notice that some of the packages are built with special
options for kolab. See obmtool.conf.

Once OpenPKG-2.1 is released (any prognosis?), we will base our setup on
that and wont need to keep all those packages around.

[1] I'd like this package to go into OpenPKG-CURRENT. How is the
procedure for that?

regards
--
Steffen Hansen          |       Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Senior Software Engineer|       http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se