[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Richard Bos radoeka at xs4all.nl
Fri May 28 12:05:10 CEST 2004

Op vrijdag 28 mei 2004 10:03, schreef Stuart Bingë:
> Devtool is basically an alternative for the make program, however it is
> geared more towards building releases rather than building source code,
> i.e. packaging a set of files to be distributed in a release tarball,
> managing version information for a project, etc.
>
> Devtool is in the Kolab source tree, however we are not currently using it
> - this may come online sometime in the future, but currently we're too busy
> to set it up properly. We are however using obmtool, as is evident on the
> ZfOS site.
>
> Hope this clears up the issue for you.

Yes, it does.  Can I state that 'devtool' compares to 'make distcheck'?

Is devtool able to create kolab releases with a different prefix than /kolab?
Most likely alternative prefix would be '/' (l_prefix=/) and referring to
perhaps already installed servers (like /usr/sbin/apache, /usr/bin/openldap,
etc).

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless