[Kolab-devel] yet another way to build kolab

Timotheus Pokorra Timotheus at Pokorra.de
Tue May 25 12:01:57 CEST 2004

Hello Richard,

I find that idea interesting and good.
I hope to experiment with it on Fedora on the weekend.

>However, I just found out that kolab just obtained devtool which already
>improves the the build situation already.  I assume the latter as it would
>otherwise not be accepted :)

I am not sure if I understood it all completely.
devtool makes configurations for OpenPKG. Is that right?
Your scripts create a configuration for all distributions where someone
creates a file in the dist_conf directory?
It still requires the packages to be compiled specifically for kolab, or
would it work with the standard rpm's of the distributions?

Thanks for your work,

Timo