[Kolab-devel] Management of Resources, generation of freebusy

Timotheus Pokorra Timotheus at Pokorra.de
Wed May 19 18:35:43 CEST 2004

Hello,

The organisation that I work for would really like to have resource
management in Kolab.

I saw in
http://kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-commits/2004q1/000085.html
this sentence:
"A server process based on the webclient extracts all information from
the calendar folder of predefined accounts and aggregates them in
extended freebusy list on demand. Extended freebusy lists are
syntactically equivalent to  traditional freebusy list but on one hand
aggregate the calendar data of multiple accounts and on the other hand
prepend the subject of the individual entries with the username followed
with the original subject while honouring the private flag."

Is someone working on it for Proko2?
Will it also work with the TNEF files from Outlook?

If not, I will continue to work on using
the Squirrelmail plugin TNEF Attachment Decoder
(http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=62)
the ICal writer (http://sourceforge.net/projects/php-flp/)
and the phpICalendar (http://phpicalendar.sourceforge.net/nuke/)
to create iCal files from the tnef files.
If you want, have a look at http://www.pokorra.de/kolab/tnef/

Please give me a shout, if someone is already working on it.
Or if you have any recommendation how to integrate this into Kolab,
please let me know.

Thanks for the good work,

Timo